FAN-FICTION CONTEST JULY| Origin Story: βӀմҽ Ꝉąղէҽɾղ

FAN-FICTION CONTEST JULY| Origin Story: βӀմҽ Ꝉąղէҽɾղ

Kyle

By: βӀմҽ Ꝉąղէҽɾղ ♆SOB♆
ID: 35933

 One day many years ago now, I was taking my German Shepherd Chaos on a walk with my wife and kid’s. We had not been walking more than a few minutes when from out of nowhere a car jumped the curb headed right for my family.
 Without thinking I dropped the leash and pushed my family out of the way by tackling them. I had no way to know it at the time, but this was no fluke, turns out I was being targeted. While the car missed us, it shifted down and spun around in the middle of the street. Putting two and two together I quickly deduced that my public stand against the mayor’s reconstruction project must have put a target on me. With no time to think I charged the car, hoping that my sacrifice would keep my family safe. It was then that fate itself intervened as a Green Lantern showed up and apprehended the assassin.
 Why did you do that he asked. I explained that my children where the Hope for the future and I had already lived a fulfilling live. How could I not I asked him. Then he explained to me that there was a way that I could help not only my family but so many more families although it would cost me the very same sacrifice. Turns out the Blue Lanterns have long been allies to the super-hero.

 Now hand selected by the Green Lantern JC, the Blue Lantern Corps recruitment process was unique in that it took three days, rather than being instantaneously transformed like some other corps. I was taken to the Blue Lantern Headquarters on the planet Odym and once there I discuss with Ganthet and Sayd what it means to wield the power of hope.
  I learned that it is my responsibility to give myself to the universe, as well as my ultimate destiny. Once I agreed to these terms and conditions of wielding such power, the Guardians of Hope bestowed the ring upon me. Because of this lengthy procedure, there are only a handful of Blue Lanterns.
 The Blue Lantern Corps is one of the ten Lantern Corps that draw power from the Emotional Electromagnetic Spectrum. Their power rings are fueled by the emotion of hope, and were created out of Ganthet and Sayd's hope for the future. While an entirely separate corps, the Blue Lanterns are meant to aid other benevolent wielders of the emotional spectrum in their fight against evil.
 Now with this power I can aid the helpless and protect families like mine against villains across the universe for millenniums to come.